Fumigation is an internationally defined process of blocking the transfer of harmful living things and their potential damage on the goods which are exported or imported in the global trade. In this sense, all of the countries which are the member of IPPC apply similar fumigation methods depending upon their geographical conditions. The fumigation methods are applied by technical staff who are educated by the special courses and certified by the relevant official organizations which are acceptable around the world.
It does not matter whereever the customers export the goods. We update the special fumigation conditions for different countries in the coordination with our overseas partners.
WHAT IS FUMIGATION ?
Fumigation is a chemical blocking method for the harmful living things since the beginning of 20th century.
In fumigation, we may struggle with the harmful insects (their eggs, larvas, nymph and pup) and other harmful factors such as nematod, fungis and bacteria by keeping them in a closed area which is fumigated under a defined temperature by a gas fumigant for a current period.
The Aim and Importance of Fumigation:
The aim of fumigation is to purify the herbal and animal products, other export goods, and the wooden platforms on which the goods are carried by disinfecting from harmful factors. Other goal is to prevent the damage and loss on the goods and to keep the goods in healthy conditions.
The Advantage of Fumigation:
1. Fumigant can be directly applied on the materials.
2. Fumigant can penetrate homogeneously into the deepest points.
3. It is under the limit of tolerance of residuals and odors on foods.
4. Fumigants are effective for harmful factors in their all biological periods.
The Points That Should Be Cared In Fumigation:
1. Fumigation is dangerous and crucial.
2. Second most important point is to well know the tolerance residue that means the limit of unharmfulness of fumigants for humans and animals.
3. At least two educated staff should apply fumigation.
4. We have to know the properties and structure of the fumigants used in fumigation process.
5. The best fumigation method which is effective for the selected fumigants must be applied.